
Jacob had his first Cub Scout
camp out this last weekend. I got to go with him, and let me tell you, we had a blast!!! Wink, wink! It was about the time that we began hunting for owl pellets (nice word for owl poop) that I really began to realize how much fun I was having. What I
did not know at that moment was the fun was just beginning. Just our luck we found some owl pellets. We immediately began to dissect the pellets to see what the owl had eaten for dinner. Yummy!!! Let me tell you, those mice bones mangled with digested fur and flesh looked tasty. Jacob was enthralled. He must have said “cool” a million times.
In all honestly, it was a lot of fun. Jacob was able to pass off several scouting requirements while have fun at the same time. The picture that you see is Jacob listening to a few Boy Scouts teach first aid. I just missed getting a shot of Jacob laughing hysterically when the boys were graphically portraying blood gushing from a wounded person’s body. He thought it was really funny.
3 comments:
Don't you remember doing that same thing in the "forest"? Or maybe I was the only deranged one. It is pretty gross though. I am glad Jacob had fun. Actually I think I had a teacher is 5th or 6th grade that wanted me to collect the pellets for him to dissect in class. He said they were really expensive to buy.
Nancy, I do remember doing that too. I thought it was pretty interesting. But Joe went camping with Jacob and made this post. P.S. How do you make you picture show when you post a comment?
If it makes you feel any better, I actually think owl pellets are really owl barf. :) They can't digest it so it has to come back up. 7 more months and my son Jakob will be in scouts too. Crazy!!
Post a Comment