Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Sweet Baby Girl

I am finally updating my blog with new pictures of Rebekah. I have just been enjoying doing pretty much nothing but taking care of Rebekah and sleeping. My recovery was great due to Joe staying home from work for two weeks. It was so wonderful. He took care of the kids, the cleaning and food. Plus between my mom and sisters in the ward we had about 5 meals brought to us. It was all so delicious and great to be so well taken care of.
Rebekah is doing great too. At her doctor appointment she was 2 1/2 weeks old and had passed her birth weight. She is a great eater. She eats a lot, very quickly.

Romney loves his baby sister. He came and laid down by her on our bed this morning. He just looked at her and softly patted her head. Very cute. He does however think it is very funny to pulled her pacifier out of her mouth and quickly stick it in his mouth before I can grab it. Silly boy!






I just took these last two pictures this morning. She is changing so much already. We think she is just beautiful. I decided I need to buy her some little head wraps since she is such a baldy. Don't want her to be mistaken for a boy. Although that has already happened. I don't know how; she is usually wearing pink!
When she is awake she is so alert and loves to listen to us and look at us.




Here's Rebekah sleeping and looking so angelic. She went through a phase of crying off and on around 6 or 7 pm. I think all our noise and busyness in the evening was disturbing or overstimulating her. But, she is adjusting and rarely does that anymore. Plus she has been sleeping 4-6 hours in the night. It has been great. I feel so much better in the mornings. Plus Joe doesn't start work until 10am so he gets the kids ready for school which is great.

4 comments:

NaDell said...

She is adorable. I'm glad that she seems to not do the colicy crying thing lately. That's such a pain. It's always right when everything gets so busy too. Those are the times it's so easy to be frustrated. Call if you need anything.

Montana at the Helm said...

Thanks for posting more pictures! I love it. How fun that Romney likes his little sister. That makes things a bit easier.

Kristen said...

She is looking so grown up already! What a doll.

We did headbands for our baldy too. (She has hair now.) The headbands at stores get too small and tight pretty quickly. After that, you can try chloereese.com. Just an idea - a friend of a friend's company.

He's pretty sneaky with the binky!

Stephanie said...

She is just adorable. And getting chubby it looks like! My last was born chubby at 10lbs 6oz, and he's still a chunk 10 months later. How old is Romney?