Friday, October 17, 2008

He speaks!.....finally.

Well Romney has finally started to say more then mom. He doesn't really say mom he hollers MOM. Actually I am quite sure he thinks he is saying a lot. He just doesn't enunciate anything. If you are listening closely you can hear a lot of words. It is all just very nasal sounding and doesn't have any vowels or consonants. Just voice inflections. He's been such a content child he hasn't had any need to speak. Until now. Now there is a baby to compete with for attention. So, maybe that is what has brought about this verbal growth. Right now his favorite movie is Cars. (We watch it everyday.) So, he has started to ask for it by name. And of course his other words are food related: cookie, cracker. He also responds with yes if you ask him if he wants a cookie or crackers or to watch Cars. He says daddy more clearly, too. He finds plenty of opportunities to throw out uh-oh and ow.
Okay, another exciting thing happened yesterday. Romney wanted to sit on the toilet! So, I brought up the little potty and he kept sitting on it. Although most of the time he wanted to sit on it with his pants on. Which I figure is okay; he is just getting used to it. He also kept kicking everyone else out of the bathroom, which is challenging when you only have one. Then when I showed him underwear and a diaper he chose the underwear. I am so excited although I don't know that I have the energy to potty train. But how great would it be to have only one in diapers! Anyhow, today we put in cars and I brought the potty out to the living room and put it on a water-proof pad. He sat on the potty, ate cereal and drank a ton of juice while watching his movie. He also went potty six times. Every time he started to go he looked kind of startled. But I would clap, praise him and give him a cracker or candy which he enjoyed. I don't think he really gets it yet but maybe he will if I keep it up.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

He's so little still! I'm so surprised that he likes to sit on the potty. How did Jacob and Paige do for that? Where they early?
I think every kid hollers mom. That's so funny. Cute kids.
Cute blog.

Jenks Jive said...

Jacob was interested around 2 years old, too. I however didn't try and had to wait another year and a half before he had any interest again. But he did potty train in a day!