Monday, November 16, 2009

Trick or Treat!

I am finally posting stuff from all our fun Halloween activities.  We went out to my sister's (Karyn and Jason) for a FHE night and carving pumpkins.  We got together with Jason's parent's, and sister, and Jilayne and Garret Jenks and their cute girls.  Romney and Rebekah just wandered around the shop while the rest of us carved the pumpkins.  We also had delicious snacks.

You can't see it very well but Paige's pumkin had lots of fun shapes for eyes and such.  Romney's was a scared ghost.  Mine said BOO.  Jacob's pumpkin was a chicken.

We went to a fun trunk or treat ward party.  There was a chili and cornbread cook off.  Then the kids got to play a ton of carnival type games like a cupcake walk, balloon race,  face painting, ring toss, etc.  The big hit of the night was the haunted house.  After all that we went outside for the trunk or treat; or is it trick or trunk?  I wish I would have taken a picture of our trunk.  The spider webs were awesome.  Anyhow the kids were loaded with candy after quickly stopping by all the cars.  A few days later they would have even more!


My mom offered to watch the kids the Friday night before Halloween if we wanted to do anything.  It worked out great because we could actually go to the Ransom's super fun Halloween party.  Joe doesn't really like dressing up so in a few hours notice I had to come up with a costume that wouldn't embarass Joe.  So, here's what I came up with.  We went as a pair of old blue jeans.  We had nametags  with Jean & Gene and dress all in blue.  And I guess you could add that we are old.  And if we are your favorite people we could be a "favorite pair of old blue jeans".   : )  Strangely enough we won the costume contest.  Maybe it was for the lamest costume.  We had fun playing games, munching, and visiting our old Richland friends.



Rebekah was not a very happy witch.

Here's Jacob as a bum begging for candy.

This is the first year Paige has agreed to be a witch.  She likes to be beautiful things instead.  Since Rebekah was going to be a with it was okay.

 Paige didn't want to clean with us.  So, we told her no Halloween.  Finally right before we left she cleaned really fast.  We told her she still couldn't go.  She acted like she didn't care until she was sitting in the car crying while everyone else went up to the doors.  We didn't tell her it would only be the first 10 or so house we weren't going to let her go to.

Out trick or treating.  Look at the creepy window decor in that house.  Rebekah is actually wearing her hat in this one.  Romney my little pirate.  We put patches on Jacob's knees, elbow and bum. Then we cut open the toe of his old boots and he cut holes in his socks and had his toes hanging out.

Here's the Halloween wreath I made for our door.  I loved it!

Rebekah checking out some candy.  I just love her chubby cheeks.
It was a fun holiday.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Awesome wreath! I'm so glad you guys could come to the party. It was fun to see you again.

Heather said...

I like your costumes! Especially yours and Joe's. Very creative. :)

Montana at the Helm said...

You guys had lots of fun Halloween things going on. I love the idea of getting together with friends and family to carve pumpkins. That so fun!