Happy birthday to me. Oh, and Romney, too. My little buddy is 3 years old now. I can't believe it has gone by so quickly. (Time to start potty training.)
Saturday night Joe took me out to dinner at the yummiest place ever. Famous Daves. The food there is so good that everytime you take a bite you involuntarily say, mmm! We shared a combo with a half rack of baby back ribs and beef brisket. It came with a corn muffin, corn on the cob, baked beans, and homestyle french fries. Delicious. Funny story about it though. We were seated and soon a waitress came out and asked if we wanted something to drink. So, she came back with our drinks and left. She came back a little later and asked if we wanted any appetizers. No and then she left. We wondered if she thought she already took our order. We were getting very hungry and noticed another waitress talking to someone around the corner. We assumed it was our waitress. So, finally I got up and told her we were ready to order. She thought we were waiting for someone else because there were three menus and three sets of silverware on our table. She was very apolegetic. It was fine. I just wonder how long she would have waited before asking if we wanted to go ahead and order. She made up for it though. Our food was ready amazingly fast! I think she told the people cooking to do ours first. After dinner we went shopping for a pairs of jeans for me. Lots of fun!
Joe and the kids surprised Romney and I with breakfast in bed. Romney wasn't sure what was going on. It was so yummy with all my favorites. French toast, bacon, hash browns, orange-pineapple-strawberry juice and peppermint hot chocolate.
We had some of my family over for lunch after our special conference with Elder Holland. The conference was very good. I was actually able to listen to most of it. My kids played quietly. We had a delicious lunch of ham, yummy potatoes and a delicious salad full of yummy things. We ate at my other birthday present. My new dining room table. I can't believe we didn't get a picture of it with a huge red bow on it. It's lovely. I said that I wanted that to be my present because we were already getting it and I was trying to get Joe to not spend more money.
Here are the Elmo cupcakes I made for Romney. They turned out great. Romney really likes Elmo and Nemo. I'm not sure which one he likes more because they sound the same when he says them.
Here's the yummy ice-cream cake Joseph got for me. It had a chocolate ice cream layer, then a caramel fudge layer, a cookie crumb layer and then vanilla ice cream layer. So good!
Joe and the kids put up all these fun decorations.
Karyn and Jason McGary.
My papa.
Opening presents. Romney was so excited about everything!
Cute new shirts from my parents.
Romney loves these bead these things everywhere we go so Joe got a little one for him. It is perfect for car rides.
My new jeans and Romney tearing off paper.
What did Grandma and Grandpa Hull give you?
Elefun!
We got batteries today and the kids started playing it. The elephant has this long trunk that these little butterflies come blowing up out of. Then you catch them with your little butterfly net. Rebekah was just laughing her head off at the kids trying to catch them. It was so cute.













8 comments:
Looks like a great birthday! Where did you get the nose and eyes for the Elmo cupcakes?
Our Elefun was lame. It ran out of batteries too fast or something and none of the butterflies would fly out, although maybe it wasn't the batteries since it did the same thing even with brand new ones. =)
Now I want to see your new table too.
How fun to share your birthday with such a cute little boy! Quinton loves Elmo too. How did you do the cupcakes?
I made the face for Elmo out of fondant. I got a great marshmallow fondant recipe from my Super Saturday activity if you're interested in trying it. The red was just a regular buttercream frosting that I just tapped the knife on to pull up to make the messy Elmo fur.
You don't like food or anything do you?!? I love how you describe everything you ate. Makes me laugh...
Happy Birthday Romney and Melissa. Awesome Elmo cupcakes. They look so great!
That was fun to catch up! I so need to do the same to my blog. Your birthday sounded fun. I didn't remember you and Romney shared the same birthday. Your Halloween costume was a cute idea too, your so creative! Looks like your in your new house. How is it??
Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like lots of fun. Cupcakes were amazing.
happy birthday melissa! you're still as cute as ever! And isn't your birthday the same as nancy's too?? it's always so fun to see pictures of your cute family. : )
My birthday is the same day as my sister Nancy. Romney's birthday is the day after mine. I tried really hard in the hospital to have him on my birthday but he was born at 1:08 am.
Post a Comment