Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rebekah is ONE!

I'm a little behind but Rebekah had her first birthday on September 15th. I did a ladybug theme. I put up red crepe paper and white balloons with little lady bug stickers on them.

As you can see from the pictures I made a lady bug cake as well. I think it turned out pretty adorable. (Okay so maybe I am a little too proud of my handy work posting a video and two pictures of it. Sorry.) It took almost half a bottle of the red paste food coloring to get it as red as I wanted. I made sure I got the unflavored kind so it didn't have that nasty bitter flavor.






Rebekah didn't fully get the unwrapping presents but had some help. She did however like the tissue paper and ribbon. After that was thrown away she liked the presents, too.






Rebekah is so sweet. She started walking really good just before her birthday. Now she nearly runs. She is such a doll with her blonde curly hair. She is getting more interactive and likes to play with and chase Romney. We love our little Rebekah!

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Super cute cake! I love ladybugs.
We have the same watermelon dress. Elizabeth wore her's in her twelve month professional picture.
I love her hair. It's gotten so long and curly!

Melissa said...

Thanks for leaving a comment NaDell. I guess the FB plea worked. I love ladybug too. I get tired of pink and wanted to do red instead. :)

Heather said...

That is such a cute idea to do ladybugs! I can't believe she is one already! The first year goes by so so fast. Are you guys in your house yet?

Montana at the Helm said...

I love your ladybug cake! It turned out awesome. Rebekah is just so darn cute, of course.

My blog didn't say you had posted until today. I have noticed that that happens every once in awhile with other blogs too! Weird!

Charles and Carolyn said...

You did awesome on the cake. I'm very impressed.