Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Can you hear me screaming?

No, you can't. That's because, believe it or not, I had great self control and just set to work cleaning up the path of destruction Romney created. Now, for the story... I walk downstairs to check on Romney and was met with the distinct scent of permanent marker. I was dreading walking through the door and seeing what my two year old had destroyed. (Apparently I leave my child alone for for too long because I could not believe how awful it was.) Romney was sitting on the floor surrounded by markers and there in the middle was a black permanent marker. I think he opened one of the boxes we had packed with office type stuff because it wasn't one of the markers we had been using for packing. Anyhow... The first thing I noticed was the van seats (a lot of side notes, sorry. When our van broke down on a camping trip and we sold it, the seats were back at home.) that we were selling on Craigslist. They were 75% black with marker. Then I followed a little path along the floor which let to a plastic toy chair, then over to a little suitcase for Paige's Barbie clothes, on to my sewing machine case, a scanner we were selling, an open box of greeting cards (on the sides of half of them), a plastic storage box or two and thankfully(?) it ended with a few marks on the back of our leather couches. Talk about a destructive child. I started wiping stuff off before it stuck worse and I heard Joe come home. (He rarely comes home for lunch so this was just meant to be.) He looked on the internet and found out toothpaste takes out permanent marker. It was amazing! It came right out of the upholstery on the seats and off plastic. (And it leaves a clean minty scent!) I haven't gotten around to cleaning it all. Ran out of energy and time. Oh, here's a funny thing as we were downstairs cleaning I thought (could be a spiritual prompting to save my child's life) I should go check on Romney. I found him upstairs, sitting in Rebekah's crib with Paige's school box full of markers. Can you believe it! Does he never stop?! I love his energy and ability to stay focused on a project! ;PI think it all came out of the seats.This is the remaining mess. It has all been moved around now but you could just follow this little path of black marker.

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Andy found his mom's sewing scissors as a kid and proceeded to cut into her nicely folded stacks, leaving little ^ ^ ^ in every piece. Nice.

Good to know that toothpaste gets it out.

C-n-B said...

Wow! I can so relate having a destructive two year old boy of my own! Who would of know about the toothpaste! What kind did you use just so I can be ready. Actually Troy has found the permanent marker but I lucked out in that he just colored himself. He was quite black for a few days.

May the force be with us as we try to keep up with these energetic, destructive little spirits!

Charles and Carolyn said...

I am so sorry. That's neat toothpaste works. Cambry wrote all over our kitchen table and we ended up using a magic eraser and it took the finish off our table. I wasn't happy at all!!!

Are you guys moving?

Montana at the Helm said...

I would have totally understood if you had screamed! Wow, what a mess! I think I would have been crying. Way to keep it under control.

Heather said...

Toothpaste? That's crazy. I'll keep it in mind though as Quinton gets more and more creative with his destruction.