Thursday, April 30, 2009

Floral Design by the Mia Maids

I taught a floral design class to the Mia Maids last night. They were so excited and energetic. It was a lot of fun. I've discovered on different occasions, however, that I'm not the best teacher. I have a difficult time keeping people's attention. I had planned to have them follow me step by step but that didn't last too long so the just kind of did their own thing. That's fine because they were very pleased with the arrangements they made and they had fun. Afterwards we went out and delivered them to different people.
Ooh. I have to add we got all the flowers free from Jill Hardy. So, that was a great expense saver. And the lovely containers were from the Dollar Store. The Mia Maid class.I made one arrangement before I came so they had an example to follow.
Then I made another one as I taught the class.
Here is Carrie and Megan with their cute wildflower basket.Alex, Samantha, and Amelia with their warm, vibrant arrangement.

Jessica & Sarah with their Martha Stewart inspired design.

1 comment:

Montana at the Helm said...

That's awesome! I would have loved to have a class like that when I was in Young Womens. In fact I would love that kind of class now. I will have to get you to show me sometime. I love flower arrangements.