The kids went to three Easter egg hunts this year. We got way too much candy. Incredibly it is nearly gone. They started the morning with the Primary Easter egg hunt. I stayed home to cook and Joe took them so I don't have a whole lot of information about that one (not that you would like to have a whole lot of information anyhow). There are pictures of Romney getting a ton of help from older kids. One of them made me think how many boys does it take to help a 2 year old find an Easter egg. Apparently quite a few.
After lunch we headed out to Joe's Aunt Lucille's for another Easter egg hunt with Ginger, Carmen and their families. The kids had fun running around the huge yard and finding eggs hidden in trees and long grass. After a game of softball it was time to head to Easter egg hunt number 3.
We drove to Mary's (who is actually Joe's 2nd cousin or something). She is great; very energetic. There must have been thousands of eggs hidden there. It took quite a while to find all the eggs (who knows if they really were all found?). Paige filled up her basket, emptied it, and filled it up again. The hunt was for ages 8 and under so Jacob didn't get to participate but he had fun jumping on the trampoline. Paige also got to share her three pounds of candy with all of us. Romney wasn't too interested in hunting for eggs again. He decided to ride the bouncing horse instead. I finally convinced him to look for eggs. He would find a couple then run off to some other fun toy, bike, wagon or whatever. He had a blast anyhow. After the egg hunt was a wonderful dinner. I went back for seconds, especially on the salads. So delicious. Then there was dessert. Too many for me to even try them all. Crazy, I know! I was so full! Joe and I enjoyed visiting while the kids played outside.
It was a very busy, long, fun day!
8 years ago




1 comment:
Our kids had three hunts but they were all at different times! One at my parents, one for a ward party(they got a ton because not as many showed up as they'd thought would), and one their cousins did for them. THey loved it!!!
Post a Comment