Honestly Jacob is a great kid. But lately he has started acting like a teenager. He's only 11 1/2. Today he made me very happy.
This morning he came in my room to look (through the giant pile of clean laundry) for his pajama pants. I was a little confused but he told me it was pajama day for the 5th graders and he had promised somebody that he would wear his pajamas. He didn't find them in the clean laundry so I told him they were probably in the (giant pile of) dirty laundry. He said that was okay because they probably weren't actually dirty. Of course I wasn't surprise but asked if he meant that he puts clean clothes in the dirty laundry. He giggled...
When he came down for breakfast he wasn't wearing his pajamas and I asked why not. He had decided it would be too embarrassing. So, I talked to him about being trustworthy and keeping his promise. I told he could even just bring them to school in his bag and if the other kid remembered to where his he could go put his on. He stopped me there and told me it was a girl, actually three girls. I giggled. A little while later he came back in wearing his pajamas. I was so happy. He actually listened to me! It didn't just go in one ear and out the other. Maybe he thinks I actually know what I am talking about. Now those girls better come in their pajamas, too.
8 years ago

2 comments:
OR...he doesn't wear pajamas at night?
Are you SURE you want girls now-a-days to wear their jammies to school? Hopefully these are all sweet and nice girls.
DID they?
Post a Comment