Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Independence

I love it when my children start developing some independence and can solve their own problems.  The weather has been so nice and sunny lately that we've actually been getting out of the house.  Romney loves to ride his bike while I'll push Rebekah in the stroller.  Whenever he has an incline that is difficult to get up or some other obstacle to get over he just hops off his bike and pushes it up or over.  I've been to surprised by this.  In the past he has started throwing a fit or jumps off and throws his bike.  :)

Rebekah refuses to sit in her high chair anymore.  She insists on sitting at the table with the rest of us.  So, this morning I put her breakfast at the table.  She came over and tried to climb into the chair but couldn't quite get up.  Then she went running off.  I thought she was upset.  But, no.  She just ran into another room and came back with a stool.  She set it by her chair and climbed right on up.

It has been so nice having fewer fits and freaking out in our home.

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Ah, the wonderful independence! I love it when kids start doing things for themselves, even though it often backfires when they try to get their own food.

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow! That is so great. I can't believe Rebekah is old enough to think of getting herself a stool. That is so cute.

C-n-B said...

I thought the same thing the other day. It is so nice to have a decent schedule and kids that can do things for themselves. And then I thought, "and now I'm starting all over again".

Charles and Carolyn said...

Ahhh!! I finally got Cambry potty trained and the independence I'm feeling from that is huge. There are certain things in my kids that I can't wait for them to grow up, but other ways I want them to stay little.