Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Primary

I taught sharing time this last Sunday.  The theme for the week was "Through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved."  We started by memorizing the third article of faith.  We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.  We talked about what some of the bigger words meant.  I wish I could remember more of their answers.  Some of their answers were cute and I thought I would share.  Mankind:  one person.  Obedience:  something you're supposed to do.  Ordinances:  those parties at church, like the trunk-or-treat.    Don't worry I redirected them.  :)  It's nice to feel like you are actually teaching something new or helping them better understand a concept.  Primary is a lot a fun.  Although most of the time I feel like I am running around like a crazy lady!  It makes life very busy and leaves no time for boredom.  If it weren't for this calling I would probably be doing my usual anti-social thing of sitting in the back row, trying to be invisible.  Now I just need to memorize 145 children's names.

3 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I love hearing the children's answer to questions. One of the funniest sharing times I did was when I talked about the Holy Ghost! One little boy could not get past the "ghost" part, which of course made the Holy Ghost scary and not comforting. It was a very hard concept to get across, but he made me laugh.

C-n-B said...

Holy cow, you have 145 kids in your primary??!!!! I love primary too, there is NEVER a dull moment!

Heather said...

I miss hearing those witty replies to questions along with some of the things they ask for in their prayers. Good luck with such a big primary!