8 years ago
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Taking Time...
It was about 3:00 and I could tell Romney was getting tired. I contemplated just putting a movie on for him and letting him fall asleep in front of the TV. After all I was busy and had so much to do. I am so glad I decided to sit down for a moment instead. He came and snuggled up to me. His eyes were very droopy. I began to lightly rub his back and caress his sweet little head and he quickly fell asleep. I just sat there holding him and enjoying every minute of it. It isn't often that I can get my three year old to hold still long enough to just enjoy holding him. It was like having a newborn again. I didn't want to put him down. I examined his little hands and fingers (not so clean like a newborn's). I caressed his sweet little nose and ears and those soft little cheeks. I don't know how long I sat there but it was quite awhile before the cleaning and such began to nag at me. At last I laid him on the couch, so glad I took the time to enjoy my toddler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Awesome!
It's so great to take small moments like that. You would like the book our book group read. It's called, Mitten Strings for God with the subtitle "Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry" by Katrina Kenison. She has topics on how to take care of each child's needs and your own in a great way. =)
I got a little misty-eyed reading your post. It's hard to remember that as we do all our day to day things our babies aren't babies anymore. My mom has a hanging that says-
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!"
Your post reminded me of that. Thanks, Melissa!
I love those moments even as rare as they are sometimes. I'm so glad I'm able to stay home so when they do come, I'm there to enjoy them!
Way to go! Those moments are few and far between, and they are the sweetest we have. Those are the moments where I think, "Oh, it's great to be a mother!"
Post a Comment