Thursday, August 13, 2009

Keepin' it Cool

It was so hot! We didn't really realize that until we were halfway into our walk. We played at the park for as long as we could stand and then had to drag Romney away. On the way home we drank all our water and tried to stay cool thinking about how we were going to put up the slip and slide and the wading pool when we got back. Even I had to try out the slide in this heat. Thankfully no one was filming that! It was a little painful. I am obviously not a kid anymore. That is made all too clear to me all the time. Rebekah loved the slip and slide. It was more of a crawl and slide for her.



4 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I noticed that most the time Rebekah left one foot on the grass for traction, smart girl!

The perfect activities for a hot summer day. It looks so refreshing.

Becky said...

My kids bug me all the time to get the slip and slide out. Hey, I found out that you are in my sister's ward! Kristina Weikum, she plays the piano in Primary.

Kristen said...

So fun to watch! You're a good mom.

Amanda B said...

Hey, how are ya doing? It looks like it's time for me to take my blog private. Too many weird people visiting my blog. If you would like an invite to my blog send me an email (bakers2002@gmail.com) so that I have your email. Hope things are good! Take care!