Monday, December 8, 2008

The Star of Christmas

This year at our ward Christmas party Rebekah got to play the part of the baby Jesus. Joe and I got to play Mary and Joseph. We weren't actually chosen for our great acting ability (as we didn't have speak; just walk out and sit there) we just happened to have a new baby. Basically Joe and I walked out with me looking great with child and sat down. They closed the curtains for a few seconds and traded my belly for a baby. It was just a narrative reading type thing. It was fun and Rebekah did great. I was so afraid she would cry (she doesn't know the song says no crying he makes)and wasn't sure if I would actually be able to lay her in a manger. A lot of people said they were surprised to see her little hands reach up and wave around because they didn't realize it was a real baby. So, here are some pictures. (Thank you NaDell for taking them and e-mailing them to me, that same night I might add. She's very on top of things!) When we walked out Romney came running to stage and was reaching up his arms and calling out Mom, mom. So, cute. Makes you feel loved!










3 comments:

NaDell said...

Sorry that they aren't the greatest pictures. The lights were down low and I took them from my seat. I was too lazy to stand up and go to the aisle with three kids in our own row.
Rebekah was really cute for that part. It was really sweet.

Montana at the Helm said...

This could only be the beginning of your acting careers!

The Hardys Go To Washington DC said...

Melissa, I loved your tree story and it looks beautiful! Cute Nativity too, Rebekah is famous at such a young age! :) Joey still doesn't have his hair cut, maybe tomorrow?!
Valaney :)