Friday, December 4, 2009

Future Missionary

Jacob wanted to cook dinner tonight.  He was looking through the recipes trying to decide what to make.  I need to go grocery shopping. We didn't have the ingredients for most things.  He was "starving" and decided to just put in a pizza.  Then he turned to me and said, "Mom, you need to teach me to cook more things so I'll know how to cook when I'm a missionary!"  Then pretending to be talking to his companion, he switched to his missionary voice, "Hey do you know how to cook?"  "No"  "Crap, I guess we'll have to have pizza again"  "Do you have any money?"  "No, do you?"  Just thought I would share his funny dialog.  I'm glad he is always thinking ahead to his mission and preparing now!

3 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Very funny Jacob. He is already realizing the realities of a mission.

Alissa said...

That's great! Always nice to know some people still look to the future!

Kristen said...

Why prepare when you can just pray for a companion who already knows how? =o)