Okay, I am very excited about today! I have been looking forward to it for a week or so now. It is the first day of school. Hurray! My kids were somewhat excited. We enjoyed our summer but it was definitely time to get back to a regular schedule. The kids were looking forward to seeing some of their school friends that they hadn't seen through out the summer.
Paige was mainly excited about her new school clothes, shoes and backpack. She is very into Hannah Montana and couldn't wait to show her friend Gabriela her new backpack (messenger bag, actually). I have always gotten her Velcro shoes to make it quicker to get shoes on but this year she just had to have these Hannah Montana tennis shoes with gold sparkles on the sides of the laces and jewels, a guitar, and picture of Hannah Montana. She was just a little nervous about finding her classroom so, I went with her to unload her school supplies this morning. I was going to leave and then she asked me to stay a little longer. Within a couple minutes of settling in and seeing the familiar faces in her class, she let me know I could go now.
Jacob was not quite as thrilled to go back to school. Although he was excited about his new school bag, too. It is just a plain black messenger bag. He wanted some $35 bag just like it but some expensive brand. So, I pointed out this one instead and he went for it because it had lots of pockets. I figure he is just going to swing and drag it around and get it all beat up so why spend a lot of money on it. Jacob was actually difficult to go school shopping for. It seems most of the boys clothes have tattoo looking pictures, skulls, snakes and other gross things. Thankfully he didn't want any of that. So, all his shirts are just solid colors. Anyhow, he was a little concerned about finding the right door to his class room, as well. (They have to enter from the outside and all the doors have a different number painted on them.) So, I printed a map from the website and told him which one and where it was. After that he was fine, oh so cool, didn't need mom's help and headed off. Which is great. We raise them to be independent, right!?
So, now I'm back to a quiet home with just Romney and I. At least for a few more weeks until Rebekah comes along. I'm enjoying it. I went visiting teaching this morning and didn't have to take three kids with me. It was great! Other than on the way home Romney started screaming. I figured he was probably really tired and hungry. So, I tried to feed and he didn't want anything and just kept throwing what I offered him. Then he wouldn't let me hold him and just kept pushing away. Finally I just put him in his crib where he continued to scream, not cry, for about 20 minutes before falling asleep. I thought, "Oh boy, the terrible two's. What great timing to be able to deal with tantrums and a brand new baby at the same time! Motherhood is so much fun."

5 comments:
Yeh!I am excited to have you join the blogging club. It will be fun to be able to keep up with your family. Jared and I realized that it has been a long time since we have seen you guys. We have never seen Romney, in person. Isn't that sad? If gas prices weren't so high we would already have come to visit.
It's good to see you guys on here! It's so much fun looking at pictures and hearing about those who we don't get to see so much. Paige and Jacob sure are looking good!
Love your blog! I hope you keep yours up better than we do! We will update soon. Have a great day!
I love the pictures! The one of Romney from the last post was great. Andy said that he looked like you had just pulled him out of the water though. Cute stuff.
The kids are sooo big! I can't believe how beautiful Paige is. You're gonna have to do a lot of gun cleaning as she get's older.
Post a Comment